1 baby bok choy, cut in half and sliced
3 scallions, cut into thirds
1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
2 cups cooked rice (preferably a day old)
1 tablespoon coconut oil
2 tablespoons mirin or rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons tamari or low-sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
1. Heat wok or large saute pan on medium high heat.
2. Once the pan is hot, add your coconut oil
3. Add bok choy and scallions to pan and saute for two minutes
4. Add garlic and ginger, saute two minutes
5. Add mirin, tamari and rice, mix thoroughly
6. Add sesame seeds, toss to mix evenly and then serve.
Dave Lattomus is a classically trained Chef with over 20 years of experience. Dave served as the executive sous chef for the Hotel duPont for over 10 years (a lifetime in the restaurant world!) before transitioning to focus more on teaching and catering.