Dave Lattomus is a classically trained Chef with over 20 years of experience. Dave served as the executive sous chef for the Hotel duPont for over 10 years (a lifetime in the restaurant world!) before transitioning to focus more on teaching and catering.
Bacon Braised Greens
1 pound chopped bacon
4 cups chopped collard greens (1 CSA share bunch)
4 cups chopped rainbow Swiss chard (1 CSA share bunch)
1 cup small diced white onion (half medium onion)
1 tablespoon minced garlic
16 oz chicken stock
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon worcestershire
alt & pepper to taste
- In a large pot, over medium high heat, render bacon until crispy.
- Add onion and cook for five minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add collard greens and chard, mix well with wooden spoon.
- Add chicken stock and cover with a lid, then bring to a boil.
- Remove lid and reduce heat to a simmer
- Add vinegar and worcestershire, simmer for 25 minutes or until tender, add more stock to the pot if it looks like it is cooking off to fast. Season with salt and pepper.