Dave Lattomus is a classically trained Chef with over 20 years of experience. Dave served as the executive sous chef for the Hotel duPont for over 10 years (a lifetime in the restaurant world!) before transitioning to focus more on teaching and catering.
Citrus Herb Roasted Whole Chicken
1 whole chicken, 3-6 pounds
2 tangerines or oranges
2 tablespoons assorted fresh minced herbs from CSA shares (basil, sage, thyme, rosemary, oregano, etc)
7-8 cloves garlic, sliced thin
½ small white onion
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon black pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven at 400 degrees
- Remove any innards that may be in chicken.
- Slice the citrus into ¾’ slices and mix with sliced onion, garlic, 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 ½ tablespoons of herbs
- Stuff chicken with citrus herb mixture
- Place stuffed chicken on oven safe tray and bake in oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until chicken breast meat is 165 degrees in the thickest part.
- Allow to rest for 20 minutes before slicing/serving