1 pound hot italian sausage
1 large yukon gold potato
2 redskin potatoes
1 each large parsnip, peeled & large diced
2 each small carrots, peeled & large diced
¼ head cauliflower, large dice
1 small zucchini, large diced
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
salt & pepper to taste
1.5 cups chicken stock
- Preheat medium pot over medium high heat.
- Add oil and sausage, brown evenly, cover with lid during browning.
- Add crushed red pepper and garlic then cook for 1 minute then add potatoes, cover with lid and stir occasionally. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add parsnips, carrots, and cauliflower, cook covered for three minutes.
- Add zucchini and stock then cook five minutes.
- Add fresh herbs, season with salt and pepper and serve
Dave Lattomus is a classically trained Chef with over 20 years of experience. Dave served as the executive sous chef for the Hotel duPont for over 10 years (a lifetime in the restaurant world!) before transitioning to focus more on teaching and catering.