Dave Lattomus is a classically trained Chef with over 20 years of experience. Dave served as the executive sous chef for the Hotel duPont for over 10 years (a lifetime in the restaurant world!) before transitioning to focus more on teaching and catering.
Parmesan Topped Zucchini
3 medium zucchini
⅔ cup parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon fresh cracked back pepper
1 tablespoon fresh basil, finely minced
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon paprika
- Mix cheese together with spices and basil and reserve.
- Slice zucchini on the bias into ¼ to ½ inch thick slices.
- Arrange these slices onto a baking tray.
- Sprinkle and top each one with the cheese mixture.
- Broil on high for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is a beautiful golden brown. Serve immediately.
Parmesan Zucchini is the bestest. I am not a huge summer squash fan. It’s edible, but beyond that, meh. But Parmesan Zucchini? I will eat that. I will eat allllll of that.
So if you have a non-zucchini lover, try these. They are amazing.
Make sure you keep everyone out of the kitchen and dining room if you don’t like people sneaking bites of things before everyone sits down to eat (coming from someone who may or may not have snuck a tray full into my mouth before it even got to the table…)