Dave Lattomus is a classically trained Chef with over 20 years of experience. Dave served as the executive sous chef for the Hotel duPont for over 10 years (a lifetime in the restaurant world!) before transitioning to focus more on teaching and catering.
Spicy Garlic Green Beans
4 cups green beans
1 stick butter
1 tablespoon garlic (minced or thinly sliced)
2 teaspoons crushed red pepper (more if you like it really spicy)
salt & pepper to taste
- Put a medium-sized pot ⅔ full of water over high heat.
- Trim green beans, removing stems and brown ends.
- Place a medium-sized saute pan on low heat. Add butter, garlic and crushed red pepper. Allow to heat slowly and gently.
- Keep a close eye on this, if your flame is too high, your butter/garlic/crushed red pepper may burn.
- Once water has come to a boil, cook your green beans for 7 minutes or when beans are al dente.
- Remove from water, drain thoroughly and then toss in butter mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper then serve!