This post may contain affiliate links. Probably doesn’t, but it might. It doesn’t cost you anything extra but if you use these links to buy something, we may earn a commission.
Spicy Sausage and Kale
2 tablespoons oil
5 ea hot links sausage
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
1 bunch kale, washed and roughly chopped
1 tablespoon chopped oregano
2-3 tablespoons asiago or parmesan
1 cup chicken stock
Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saute pan, sautoir or pot, brown sausage in oil, evenly on all sides
- Add garlic & crushed red pepper and sweat until aromatic, do not brown.
- Add kale and stir to coat, add stock and cover with a lid and allow to simmer
- Simmer for 20 minutes stirring occasionally
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Serve over rice, chickpeas, or other beans.
- Sprinkle/garnish with oregano and cheese.
Dave Lattomus is a classically trained Chef with over 20 years of experience. Dave served as the executive sous chef for the Hotel duPont for over 10 years (a lifetime in the restaurant world!) before transitioning to focus more on teaching and catering.