Dave Lattomus is a classically trained Chef with over 20 years of experience. Dave served as the executive sous chef for the Hotel duPont for over 10 years (a lifetime in the restaurant world!) before transitioning to focus more on teaching and catering.
Tortellini with Garden Vegetables
2-3 tablespoons olive oil (to saute with)
1 small shallot, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 small zucchini, diced (about 1 cup)
1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
2-3 oz arugula
1 tablespoon sage flowers
1 cup asparagus, sliced on a bias
1 9 oz package tortellini (any kind)
2 tablespoons good olive oil (to finish with)
Shaved asiago or parmesan (optional)
Salt & pepper to taste
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil over high heat.
- While water is heating, slice tomatoes, asparagus, zucchini, garlic and shallot.
- Once water comes to a boil, cook tortellini and reserve.
- Over a medium high heat, in a large saute pan add oil then sweat garlic and shallot until aromatic, only a few moments.
- Add zucchini, asparagus and tomatoes. Saute and cook five minutes or until tender.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- Drain tortellini and toss with sauteed vegetables.
- Serve over a bed of arugula and finish with cheese and sage flowers